1) The Wedding Hanky On the far right, the wedding hanky I carried is the same one every woman in my family has carried since the 1870's. When my Grammy passed away about 2 years ago, the wedding hanky was missing. I was devastated, but it was found just a few months ago, in time for me to carry on the tradition.
2) My Shoes How gorgeous are they!? I was on the hunt for the perfect wedding shoes for months. No heels, because I wanted to be comfortable, and I wanted them to pop! My best friend and bridesmaid, Alex, found these with me one weekend in Richmond, and a few days later, they showed up on my doorstep as a gift from her parents. I'm a lucky girl!
3) Fruity Pebbles So many people do sparklers, or bubbles, or even confetti. I wanted something a little... different. We filled koozies with cups and fruity pebbles, and asked our guests to shower us with them as we walked back down the aisle!
4) Cocktail Hour We really wanted to pull Virginia Tech, where we both went to school, into our wedding. So we did it with our cocktail hour and had a tailgate. We had cornhole, tailgate foods, and all the orange and maroon you could handle!
5) The Rosary Another touch to include my Grammy... who acted as a second parent to me my whole life. I carried one of her rosaries wrapped in my bouquet all day. I wanted her with me, every step of the way.
For those of you who are married, what were some of your favorite details? Or, for those of you with weddings in your future, what things will be important for you to incorporate?